Monday, November 24, 2008

Pt Mugu 50km - Topher 3rd & Kim 1st in the 30km

We have been hitting the running trails hard since we have moved to Santa Monica. This weekend we drove 45 minutes north up the coast past Mailbu to the Pt Mugu State Park for a trail race. Topher ran the 50km race and I ran the 30km race. It was a beautiful course with some good ups and downs while we enjoyed amazing coastal and ocean views along the way.

After just winning the trail marathon on Catalina the weekend before Topher ran a good race to finish 3rd overall in 4:29. His run had about 5,500 feet of climbing so not a flat run at all.

My 30km race had about 3,400 feet of up and down. I was happy to run it in 2:52 to break the women's course record and finish 4th overall. Wow..I am becoming quite the runner. All I know is trying to keep up with Topher so i guess that helps.

We are off to Orcas Island for Thanksgiving with family and some final training on Mt Constitution before The North Face Endurance Challenge run in San Francisco. Topher will be running the 50 miler an i will do the 50km.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Kim and Topher

Oh today is a little chilly here in Santa Monica....maybe in the 60's...i had to put on a fleece. I also heard there is rain in the forecast. We need it.

2 comments:

Rod Bien said...

Topher, I'm putting in for Wasatch this year... whatdya say? You should throw your name in as well!

Hone said...

I was good to meet you guys the other day. Hopefully I will run into to you at some future race. Go Utes!!